The newly budding trees and longer, warmer days can only mean one thing – spring has finally arrived in southern Alberta. Make sure to take advantage of this season and tackle all the chores that you have been putting off since winter. As the premier agent for West Lethbridge real estate, here is a spring cleaning checklist to help you get your home spotless and ready for the summer.
Chances are your kitchen is the most used room in the entire house, so why not start here?
A spring cleaning is a more thorough cleaning than just your weekly clean, so put in the extra effort; you will be pleased with the result.
Here is a checklist for some of the cleaning jobs that should be on your spring cleaning checklist:
- Clean the inside and outside of your refrigerator and freezer. While you are cleaning the inside of your fridge, take the time to discard any items that have expired, including sauces and garnishes.
- Remove the elements from your stove and scrub and degrease them.
- Clean your oven.
- Wipe down countertops and if you have granite, quartz or marble counters, you may want to seal them to prevent stains. The more veins in the countertops, the more porous they are.
- Wash, wipe and clean out cabinets, drawers and shelves.
- Sweep, mop and vacuum the floor.
The main bathroom in your home is also a high traffic area, so that extra spring cleaning attention will go a long way in this room. Your spring cleaning checklist should include:
- Wash all towels, rugs and cloths.
- Clean and disinfect the toilet. Do not forget to wipe behind and around the base of the toilet as well.
- Scrub down tiles.
- Spray and scrub the bath and shower stall.
- Clean the shower doors and apply a water repellent such as RainX to prevent any build-up of soap scum or water streaks.
- Windex the mirrors and windows.
- Wash and mop the floor with a disinfectant.
Family Room, Bedrooms and Living Room
These rooms are used far less and are probably cleaned or tidied daily (especially if you have young children) so chances are they will require far less attention than your bathroom and kitchen. Here are some cleaning jobs that you will definitely want to tackle and should be on your spring cleaning checklist:
- Clean and dust all bookcases, shelves and ceiling fans.
- Vacuum and if possible steam clean carpets, rugs, upholstery and furniture.
- Gently clean electronics and wipe down the television screen with a soft non-scratching cloth.
The Entire House
To finish off your home’s spring cleaning checklist, do not forget to:
- Sweep, vacuum and mop the floors. Use a cleaner that provides a protective barrier. This will not only make them shine, it will also make them more durable.
- Wash and wipe down your walls and baseboards with a mild detergent and clean warm water. Pat dry with a soft, clean towel.
A Clean Home is a Happy Home
Once you have completed your spring cleaning checklist, sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour. A thoroughly clean home is something to be proud of and is a better space to live in as well. A bonus of a newly cleaned home is that it is show-ready if you have been thinking about putting your home up for sale.
If you would like any more information about how to take advantage of the always hot spring real estate market, or other spring cleaning tips, please contact me today.
Post Your Comment: